Statistics and 18-Wheeler Accidents
While driving, it’s very typical to see an 18-wheeler somewhere on the road. These mammoth-sized vehicles make many drivers nervous, and for good reason. 18-wheeler accidents happen more often than you may think.
Nationwide Occurrences Of 18-Wheeler Accidents, Deaths, Injuries And Hazards
Listed below are statistics for the number of 18-wheeler accidents seen nationwide each year, along with the occurrence of deaths, injuries and the release of toxic substances due to 18-wheeler accidents.
- There are over 400,000 accidents involving 18-wheelers every year.
- Each year, there are more than 5,000 deaths related to 18-wheeler accidents.
- There are over 150,000 injuries related to 18-wheeler accidents every year.
- Three percent of all fatal 18-wheeler accidents involve trucks that are carrying hazardous material. In 34 percent of those accidents, the substance is released.
Greater Houston Occurrence Of 18-Wheeler Accidents, Deaths And Injuries
In the Greater Houston area, the truck accident rate is particularly high:
- Each year, there are more than 300 deaths related to 18-wheeler accidents.
- There are over 2,000 injuries related to 18-wheeler accidents every year.
- Put another way, this is about 1 injury for every 7 accidents and 1 death for every 50 accidents.
Injured? Call Our Firm For Help.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident involving a tractor-trailer, 18-wheeler or another industrial vehicle, damages may be recoverable. For a free consultation to determine whether you are entitled to compensation, and thus the peace of mind and financial relief from the costs of medical treatment, contact one of the Houston trucking accident attorneys at Reich & Binstock. Either use our contact form or call 713-622-7271 or 800-622-7271 toll free.
There is a never a fee unless we recover on your behalf.