Car accidents are frightening events that require quick action and smart responses. While no one wants to get in an auto accident, it’s always best to be prepared in case one should happen. It’s also important to know what to do in after an accident. Here are three sets of helpful hints suggested by State Farm Insurance.
1. Be Prepared Beforehand:
– Keep a set of cones or warning triangles in your trunk to help alert other drivers to slow down and watch out.
– Make sure you have a pen, note pad and medical information card for you and your family in easy access.
2. What to do After a Car Accident Occurs:
– Check for injuries. Call an ambulance if in doubt.
– If the accident is only minor, move the cars off the road and away from traffic.
– Call the police to have the accident reported.
– Turn on your hazard lights and set out warning cones.
– Notify you insurance company.
– Get the other people in the accident’s insurance and contact information.
3. Other Tips
– Stay calm.
– Take deep breaths.
– Don’t be hostile towards the other driver, even if it is their fault.
– Don’t sign any paperwork regarding fault.
– If you have been seriously injured, think about contacting an attorney. Remember the insurance company is not your friend. Their job is to reimburse you as little as possible for your claim. Contact an attorney to make sure you get the maximum compensation for your claim.