DEFECTIVE MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICAL INJURIES
MEDICAL DEVICE & PHARMACEUTICAL INJURY
What is Essure?
How is Essure Inserted?
How Effective is Essure?
What are Common Essure Injuries and Side Effects?
Essure Side Effects During the Procedure
- Device breaking during insertion, therefore requiring the doctor to remove the broken pieces
- Perforation of the fallopian tubes or uterus. This can cause bleeding and damage to the bladder or the bowel
- Allergic reactions to local anesthesia
- Temporary mild to moderate pain
Essure Side Effects After the Procedure
- Pain and cramping in the pelvis or back areas
- Vaginal bleeding
- Headache and dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Device expulsion
Essure Confirmation Test Side Effects
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting
Essure Long-Term Side Effects
- Chronic pain
- Pain during sex
- Serious infection
- Heavy periods or hemorrhaging
- Irregular periods
- Device migration into the abdomen or pelvis
- Poor positioning of the device
- Device breakage
- Metal allergy symptoms including itching, swelling, rash, hives
- Fallopian tubes removal
- Surgery to remove Essure
- Unintended pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy, which is an extremely life-threatening pregnancy that happens when the zygote implants into the wall of the fallopian tube
- Stillborn babies
- Autoimmune disorders including lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Weight fluctuations
- Hair loss
- Depression and anxiety
Injuries and Deaths due to Essure
How Many Pregnancies Occurred with the Essure Device?
What are the Chances of Becoming Pregnant after Essure Removal?
Essure Black Box Warning
Essure Safety Studies
The FDA reviewed a citizen petition alleging that Bayer had mislabeled Essure and that data about Essure safety had been changed during clinical trials.
Common Complaints in an Essure Lawsuit
- Negligent creation of the Essure device
- The device migrating from the fallopian tubes to other organs instead of working as intended
- Failing to warn women of the risks associated with the device
- Lack of proper training for doctors before implanting Essure devices
- Bayer making false statements about Essure’s effectiveness and safety
Bayer’s Defense Tactic
Bayer Settlement for Essure Lawsuit
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Today
There is a never a fee unless we recover on your behalf.