When you take a prescription drug, you rely on the medication to be safe and effective when used as directed. If the drug has potentially dangerous side effects, you expect the manufacturer to tell you so you can make an informed decision about whether to take it. Unfortunately, pharmaceutical drug companies sometimes withhold information about dangerous drug side effects to the detriment and danger of people taking the drugs.
The attorneys at Reich & Binstock in Houston represent the victims of unsafe drugs and medical devices in Texas and throughout the United States. If you or someone you love suffered illness, injury or even death from a medical device or from taking a pharmaceutical drug, please call our drug injury lawyers at 1-866-LAW-2400 for a free initial case evaluation. You may be entitled to compensation.
The following are examples of the types of pharmaceutical drug and medical device liability cases we handle:
- Bair Hugger blanket: Many patients using the Bair Hugger patient warming system have suffered serious infections.
- Essure: Essure has been marketed as the only type permanent birth control that can be provided without a surgical procedure.
- Hip replacement: Injuries from metal-on-metal hip replacements have led to recalls and warnings from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Invokana: This diabetes drug can cause a condition called ketoacidosis, in which the body produces too many acids called ketones.
- IVC filters: Many patients have suffered severe health complications, including stroke, from IVC filter complications.
- Levaquin: This commonly prescribed antibiotic has been linked to peripheral neuropathy, paralysis and other side effects.
- Morcellator: This instrument used to remove tissue during gynecological surgery can spread cancer and cause other harm.
- Risperdal: This drug prescribed for adolescents with certain mental disorders can lead to abnormal breast development in boys and young men.
- Saxagliptin: This type 2 diabetes drug has been linked to an increased risk of heart failure.
- Taxotere: This drug used to treat various cancers has a side affect of permanent hair loss.
- Transvaginal mesh: Complications from transvaginal mesh led the FDA to recommend doctors explore other methods of repairing pelvic organ prolapse (POP) first.
- Xarelto: Side effects of this blood thinner include internal bleeding, brain hemorrhage and blood clots.
- Zofran: When taken by pregnant women, this antinausea medication can lead to birth defects such as cleft palate.
Talk with Our Pharmaceutical Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one were injured or think you may have been injured by taking a pharmaceutical drug or from a medical device, contact our lawyers for a free and confidential case evaluation. Call 1-866-LAW-2400 or complete the contact form on this website.